I honestly can’t tell you how many times I have watched this movie – it has been my “ go to” since my world feel apart in 2010. There are days when everything just seems “ too much” and yesterday was one of those days – it started with a challenging conversation with my daughter over Skype – I had a similar conversation the day before with my eldest son and then the day ended with another challenging conversation from my youngest son – don’t get me wrong I am all for my kids speaking their truth – I encourage them to do so – when all 3 seemed to have a similar theme I knew it was time to unplug – and look within. As part of that I decided to watch Eat Pray Love again and this time with new eyes and ears – as if I was watching for the first time ( a challenge when I could almost recite every line). I decided to write down the sections that brought up emotion for me – here’s what stood out –
* I need to create a new box – with items of what I want for my future
* Finalise my divorce
* buy something just for me
* stop trying to make a relationship work
* be grateful for love
* FORGIVE MYSELF – this is a biggy – still tears as I write this
* God dwells inside of me as me
* If I am willing to face and forgive myself the truth will not be with held.
So with the assistance of E,P,L, I begin again today with renewed purpose and acceptance and a list of things to attend to.
Thank you Elizabeth Gilbert.